My computer is dead. I blame that for my lack of blog posting in the last month or so. I suspect there is some way to make it alive again, with the acquisition of a different harddrive and downgrading to Window XP, but as to when these may occur is unknown. So I share with Aaron.
We have been staying busy with Aaron working at Apple Fitness five days a week, and trying to get the ball of Primerica rolling in the evenings. There is so much potential there, but an incredible amount of work to get started. If people knew what amazing information we have, they'd be lining up at the door. But people get intimidated by talking about money, especially when they think we're selling something. Yes, I guess we are, but even if you don't want that there is some really good information. We are honestly trying to help. (And if any of my readers want to know more about Primerica - look it up on wikipedia. That'll give you the most unbiased information out there.)
For my share of income I've been working on more commissions. Just finished up a wedding invitation, in the middle of some colored pencil puppies, with a handful of other projects lined up after that. I've also been spending a lot more time babysitting (where I'm making friends, hooray!), and I just found out yesterday about the possibility of a more permanent job.
Our weekends have been pleasantly busy as well. Aaron's birthday was a two day bash including nearly 40 burgers, steak, and loads of games. There was a work BBQ in Airdrie the next week, and an all-day Primerica conference the next. I've been to my first NHL game - pre-season for the Flames (we won), and we'll have more tickets for later. Aaron took his brother to and game and his Dad gets the next one. We even went mini-golfing with Francis and Theo (no windmills, just small putting greens) and then out to Bubblemania.
And this last weekend was Fallcon. Aaron has been stoked for Fallcon for months. It's a weekend of boardgames - lots and lots of boardgames. We were there all day Saturday - from 9 AM until about 11 PM. There were tournaments, raffles, a large library to try out games and of course the massive auction: 500 games in 2 hours. (That's approximately one game every 15 seconds.) So we started the day with tournaments - I was in Settlers of Catan while Aaron was in Dominion. He learned some new strategies while losing soundly, while I held my own in the first game and horribly lost the second. Ate some breakfast and then headed for the game library - he showed me a game called Fits. It's a tetris-ish type game that I was horrible at, but enjoyed the idea of it anyway. Then a quick round of Piece o' Cake (should be better with more than two players), before heading back to tournaments - me in Ticket to Ride while Aaron took his turn at Settlers. Not a good day for me when I was absolutely slaughtered, and Aaron also took second and fourth as I had for Catan. I proceeded to play another round of Ticket just for fun and won that one. By that point Aaron was done, so we hooked up with some more friends a played a little game involving magnets (had to search for it on Goggle - it's called Yikerz - very cool!), and then got MORE friends together and played a couple rounds of PitchCar. Grabbed some dinner and got settled in for the auction. They meant it - it only took them 2 hours and 7 minutes to auction off all 500 games. People were willing to spend more money this year, so Aaron didn't get as many one dollar games as before (that's where most games start), but we did pick up 9. (I'll update my games list with those.) We're looking forward to having more friends over to try some of them out! For the last tournament of the evening Aaron lost at PowerGrid. He's totally kicking himself for that because he forgot some rules right at the end that took him from first to last. He won't be forgetting them again any time soon. At the same time I was playing a game called Dixit. I had played a couple times at Aaron's birthday (our friend Andrew brought it), and immediately enjoyed it! I won the tournament for it too! I was SUPER excited. I won a $10 gift card to Myth Games which was slightly disappointing, since Aaron had won $40 for Settlers two years before, but Settlers is a massive tournament where there was only 11 people for Dixit. Either way, I won, and it was awesome. We then proceeded to play two more rounds for fun, one I horribly lost and the next I double tied for first. A nice wrap up to a long day.
And that brings us up to now! We've been invited over to the Relief Society President's house for family home evening tonight, there's the Primerica meeting every Tuesday, Relief Society activity on Thursday, and more Primerica Saturday morning. We should make more appointments during the free time, but I get the feeling we'll be having friends over to play games!
No comments:
Post a Comment