Last Monday we received a letter in the mail telling us that our applications for residency had been approved - Aaron as sponsor, and me as being sponsored. Then we were to wait for notification from the Calgary office for an appointment for an interview, so they could see the original documents, and the final decision could be made. On Friday we received another letter, telling us the "examination interview" is set for 10:00 AM on Thursday, April 28th.
I'm not sure how soon after that we'll have the right paperwork for me to work, but we're hoping quickly, so I can get my social insurance number and Aaron can put me on his taxes (and get a nice tax break since I didn't make any money last year). After we get that tax return we'll head down to Oregon to visit family and be sealed together for eternity.
1 comment:
Oh my GAWD what a long bureaucratic process! Yay for being able to move between the countries SOON!
Post a Comment