Saturday, January 9, 2016

what happened in 2015

I feel the need to review 2015, to document the year in some way, before I can move on to 2016.  On our Christmas tree, I have ornaments for each year that I write memorable things on.  2015's included:
  • 100 recipe challenge
  • going to the zoo - 20 times!
  • babysitting Ronan and Raiden - three to four days a week. Usually starting at 6AM.
  • working out - I randomly started in March, and I have been exercising nearly every day since.
  • Mom and Dad called to NYC!
  • Easter in Idaho
  • Wheel of Anime - gameshows for Otafest again, but we built our own Wheel!
  • potty-training - not fun, but it was over fairly quickly.
  • Firefly Shindig
  • visit from Tawnia
  • Aria turned three and Mindy turned three two
  • homemade ice cream
  • ball with the Raiders - New team.  Aaron is finally enjoying ball again.
  • Rondeel Reunion
  • award winning chili - every autumn the ward has a cornbust and a chili cook-off.  Aaron won again.
  • Weird Al - my first concert, and it was very memorable.
  • Fluffy - and two weeks later, my first comedy show.  Hilarious!
  • FallCon ambassador - we go to FallCon every year, and it's about time Aaron became an Ambassador.  He gets to wear a cool hat!
  • LOTS of sewing - Project Run & Play, Kids Clothes Week
  • Literary Ladies - a friend started a book group and we had meetings nearly every month.  It has been great to read books I wouldn't usually pick, have time out of the house, and get to know people better.
  • fertility tests and drugs - after a few unsuccessful rounds of Clomid at the beginning of the year, my doctor referred me to the fertility clinic.  Lots of waiting and bloodwork and tests and waiting, and finally I got new drugs.  After only one round I got pregnant.
  • ectopic pregnancy - but three days after the positive, I went to the ER in pain, and came out without a fallopian tube and no longer pregnant. Time to try again.
It was a good year.  We were all healthy and happy.  Aaron worked hard growing his business and designing his board games.  I worked hard on getting healthy part and thoroughly enjoyed my creative times.  Aria grew some more, and has learned so much.  She is very bright, full of energy, and incredibly funny.  I am very excited to see what the new year will bring.

No comments: