Wednesday, January 12, 2011

happy new year

In the midst of a weekend-long party we welcomed in the new year. And then promptly returned to playing our games. People were up until 7, 4 friends crashed on the floor, and the last of our guests left at 9:30... PM. Good times.

And so it is 2011. Wahoo? Not sure how I'm liking the new year yet. More snow, and I've gotten sick. A week of nose blowing, dry skin, pressure, muffled hearing, burning throat and coughing up phlegm. Yuck. Much of the year has been spent in my apartment. But at least I've been surprisingly productive.

I've started a new project. Well, my sister helped me come up with the idea last summer, and while I toyed with it a bit throughout the fall, I think it's finally time to go somewhere with it. I'm making cards. Cards for birthdays, babies, holidays and hellos. All cards feature my own artwork and photography. I seriously need to make a trip over to Office Depot to run test prints - to make sure the quality is there, pictures line up and look good, and figure out the cost of everything. I'm hoping my body is well enough to make a trip over there tomorrow. Because my sister has already requested cards for Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, do something besides whip our butts at Zuma Blitz ;)