Sunday, March 11, 2012

Applaud the Arts Calgary

Yesterday I participated in my first art show and sale.  My good friend Sherry's mother Sandy has been a part of it for a number of years, and after seeing some of my art, she invited me along.  There were a total of 14 artists (all ladies, this year) and around 180 pieces of art. 

After a few weeks of freaking out, I arrived with 12 of my creations (seven acrylics, two watercolors, and three portraits) along with a dozen packs of cards.  We helped set everything up, and let the party start.

Within the first hour I had someone approach me about my portraits.  Surrounded by the dozens of paintings (abstract, animals, and flowers galore), I was the only person with portraits, so they attracted some attention.  Throughout the day I had four patrons talk to me with serious interest in getting commissions.  They all left with my business card, so here's hoping I receive emails or phone calls in the next while. 

The rest of the day was spent admiring art and chatting with the other artists and visitors. And of course there was the part where I sold two paintings and four packs of cards. Yeehaw!  
SOLD (for $280 and $75)

3 comments:

tawngap said...

Yay! So did you get invited back for next year?

Emily said...

So you did sell that painting. Good for you. Well, you did have great subject material.

Frank and Evelyn said...

Way to go Mindy!!! Dad says you're finally getting the value for your work. I'm surprised that the berries didn't sell. You never said how large you made the one of Dad and Henry and do I get a bonus for my brilliant suggestion? Ha ha.