Sunday, March 25, 2012

Halfway to Baby

Today marks the halfway point of this pregnancy, 20 weeks.  Wow.  It still doesn't feel real, because after growing out of tighter fitting jeans at the end of the first trimester, I've still been wearing two looser pairs.  My tummy has finally started to grow though (mostly in the last week), and I may be out of those jeans as well.  It's about time I get to do some shopping!  UPDATE: (I tried on some of the original jeans again, and they still fit.  I can button and zip them and everything.  They just aren't comfortable when I sit down.  Does this still mean I can go shopping?)

Admittedly, I just feel fat, instead of pregnant.  I know that the baby has only grown so far as my belly button, and all the pooch out above that is just things getting displaced to make room.  I get the feeling things will really start to change in the next few weeks though, so no need to worry.

The one thing that really makes it real, is that I've just barely started to feel some movement.  Sitting on the couch last week talking with my sister in Oregon, I felt what everyone describes as a flutter, and then this morning I've been feeling some more distinctive thumps.  I don't know if it's too soon, but I put Aaron's hand where I felt it, and he said he felt something too.  I think he's still rather weirded out by it all, but things will be different tomorrow.

Although I was really hoping to know the gender of the baby before our vacation to Oregon, scheduling didn't work out that way, and we have the ultrasound first thing tomorrow morning.  I'm anxious to see how much our little jumping bean has grown, and officially start using the correct pronoun.

No comments: