In celebration of the best day of the month, I had to do the gestational diabetes screening test. Drink a big cup of really sweet liquid (thankfully not as dreadful as everyone made it sound), and then sit around for an hour before they draw blood. I read a book while Baby Girl tried to kick the book out of my hands. Apparently she really liked the sugar because she's been super active since then, and it was five hours ago!
Wednesday was my monthly doctor visit. Baby is doing well. Heartbeat is strong, and she's growing well. I'm doing well enough that as long as the results from the screening are negative, then I won't have to go back for another four weeks, instead of the recommended two. I like my doctor, but the wait can be long. I'm just happy that our little one is happy and healthy.
1 comment:
So glad everything is going smoothly. I always kind of liked the drink for the gestational diabetes test - kind of like orange pop!
Post a Comment