Sunday, December 30, 2012

5 months





Five months old and getting so big.  She hasn't rolled over in weeks, but I get the feeling she will decide to soon.  She's reaching out for her toys, and getting frustrated when they fall out of her grasp.  Time for her to start moving herself to them, instead of whining until we bring them closer.  She loves things that make noise - a clinky giraffe from Christmas, rattles, and especially her little pink bunny (with a rattle inside) from one of my coworkers at Old Navy.  Her all time favorite toy has to be her soother though - she pulls it out of her mouth quite often, and then waves it around before attempting to put it back in. 

She LOVES attention.  She smiles all the time, and giggles more often than before - only when someone is interacting with her though.  There are times when she is fussy and only attention will calm her down - so Daddy will play with her.  And then he'll turn around, and she'll cry.  As soon as he looks at her again though, she's happy as can be! 

Bath time is always lots of fun, and we're finding that it helps her sleep better.  I've gotten into the habit of rocking her to sleep, especially when she's super fussy before naptimes.  I know she needs to learn how to self-soothe, but while she's my only baby I want to get in as much cuddles as I can. 

No comments: