Thursday, December 27, 2012

baby's first food

I had been debating about when to start Aria on solid food (if rice cereal counts as "solid") for a while.  I know the current recommendation is six months, but after talking to several other parents (who had children when they recommended starting at four months, and then more children when they started saying six), it really is up to the parents and the child.  I went into this knowing that if Aria wasn't ready, I wouldn't push it.  But she was very interested in whatever Mom and Dad were having to eat, so I decided it was time to try.
 


AND?  She loved it!  She was very eager to get the spoon into her mouth.  She would slurp all the cereal off the spoon and get fussy if I didn't give her more fast enough.  I was impressed with how messy she got for there only being a tablespoon of cereal, but once she stuck her hands in her mouth, they spread the mess all over her face. 


But all was well - she helped clean herself up.  Aria is definitely ready for solids!  We'll stick with the rice cereal for a while, of course, and eventually start with vegetables and then fruit.  I'm a little nervous about this new stage, but excited to experience all of these firsts with her!

No comments: