Sunday, June 30, 2013

11 months


 

 
 
It boggles my mind that Aria is almost a year old, but when I look at her I see more toddler than baby now.  She is 25 pounds, and over 30 inches tall.  She's got a five-tooth grin, with the sixth tooth just barely coming in.  She eats anything, sleeps wonderfully, and loves to be around people.  I have little photo albums of her, of family, and of my artwork, and she loves to turn the pages of all of them - which really came in handy on our latest road trip up to Grande Prairie (seven hours away).  She also loves things that are soft and fluffy - I have some fuzzy pillows that she'll dive into and cuddle with.

Aria is getting closer to walking, but still needs to be hanging on to something - a chair, the wall, or Mommy's hands.  She's starting to get a bit more confident, and more balanced, but won't stand on her own for longer than a few seconds before she'll sit down.  She's doing wonderfully, and I love to watch her progress.

She now has a few words in her vocabulary, including kitty cat, duck, fish, and almost dragon.  She's said cupcake and camera once, and called her cousin Kate "cat!"  It isn't very consistent, but it is definitely a beginning.  She is starting to repeat sounds sometimes, so I spend much of my day naming everything around her.

1 comment:

Lalainia said...

She is so adorable! I'm going to miss seeing her each week in primary - I'm going to have to pop in to get my fix.