Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Adventures

Grandma and Grandpa Palmer came to Calgary for the holidays!
 
We went to see the live nativity the church puts on every year.
It was very very cold that Sunday night, but worth it.

Family photo on Christmas morning!

Lots of presents to go around.
I made Aaron a dragon hat!  He loves it! 
At my suggestion, Aaron made his own spice blend.
We dried chipotle and garlic and it turned out awesome!
Aaron and I gave each other the exact same game!
We ended up exchanging one for Trains instead.
Our Christmas morning game total: 8.
Plus another four from friends. 
  
Aaron gave Aria a Tinkerbell bathrobe, which she wouldn't take off for the rest of the day.
She also wore the dress I made her, and her new apron and hat from Grandma. 
The homemade will continue in the future too, because I got Anna-Mae's sewing machine!
Lots of new books from Nana! 
 
Boxing Day was spent in Rimbey visiting some of Aaron's family.
And then on Friday morning we did a session at the temple.
Friday afternoon was spent at Grandpa Tim's house opening even more presents!
Aria looking adorable.
This picture basically sums up Aria's Christmas -
surrounded by lots and lots of presents and wrapping paper!
Grandpa got some new weights.
Aria got even MORE books.  Lots and lots of books.
Tim got my parents (and me and Aaron) a pass to go up the Calgary Tower. 
 
We went on Saturday night to see all the lights. 
The expanse of the city was a glorious sight.
We could see the major landmarks by our apartment,
had a sneak peek at the Zoo Lights, and could just make out the temple.
It was really fun showing my Mom where I live.
For their last night here we went to Zoo Lights.
Thanks Nana-Mae for the passes!
Happy "Zoo" Year 2014!
It really was a wonderful holiday, and we had a lot of fun seeing the city,
visiting family, and playing lots of games. 
Can't wait to see them again this summer in Nauvoo!

1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

Can't wait to see you, too. We had such a fun time. I foresee many more trips to Canada in our future especially since we'll be so much closer.