Friday, February 28, 2014

February

 
 
This month I made Aria some pajama pants and a new shirt.  I made a bunch of baby blankets, and a skirt for myself.  I also started hanging out with my friend's daughter Ella, who is being homeschooled this year, and we're sewing, painting, crafting, and doing math together every Wednesday.  I've made the goal to draw or paint something every month, so I did a painting of one of Aria's sheep.  Feels good to be creative so much.
 
Aria's new hat, the potty seat.

She's an independent eater now.. sort of.

Playing with magnets on a pizza pan.

  
My attempt at a "formal" monthly picture didn't go so great this month, and it was much too cold to even think of going outside.  Ah well.  She is now nearly 33 pounds and over 34 inches tall.  (The height of a two year old, the weight of a three year old.)  She's on the move more than ever.  And the talking continues.  She more than doubled her vocabulary, considering how much she parrots now.  "Ooookay" and "there you go" are very common, along with "hicker" (sticker), color, book, and go.  She can identify all the face and body parts, and say most of them too.  She's starting to attempt names (like "Henny" for Henry, and "Tama" for Tawnia), and finally says Gramma and Nana consistently.  She babbles constantly, and sings to herself (most often Twinkle Twinkle Little Star), but now there are actual words that make sense!  The tantrums may be starting, but this is still such a fun stage.

2 comments:

Lalainia said...

Love your sewing projects. I really wish I could sew - maybe I should have you teach me ;)

Frank and Evelyn said...

I love it when she says Gramma but I'm not as excited when she sees me on skype and says "puppy". That will change after we move and the puppy isn't there anymore. She's so fun to talk to.