Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Firefly Shindig

Our friend Shana had a Firefly Shindig for her 40th birthday.  Aaron said it was the best party he had ever attended.  Lots of people came in costume, the decor was superb, and the food was delicious.  Aaron made a batch of what he likes to call "crazy Ivans" - wonton wrapped jalapeno poppers.  

I cut and dyed my hair to go as Saffron.

Aaron went as Captain Tight Pants.


I made a mini Kaylee dress for Aria.

All the different Kaylees at the party.
Three layer cakes, two parasols, and two jumpsuits
(I also made the jumper in the middle).

Lots of Malcom Reynolds too, plus the Mrs.

And thank you to whoever managed to capture this picture.  It will always be a favorite.


And there was a photo booth.  This was Aria's favorite part.  She found the hats and scarves for dressing up and was a happy girl for the rest of the evening.  We didn't get home until 11pm - and the only reason she threw a fit was because we had to leave.   A wonderful party!  Kinda makes me want to plan something big for my next birthday!

No comments: