Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Once Upon a Time


This is our friend Shana.  She is awesome.  Last year, for her birthday she planned an incredible Firefly themed party.  I had a lot of fun making costumes for all of us.  So when she decided to throw another costumed get together this year (and it looks like she has plans for next year already!) then of course we had to dress up.  The theme this time was "Once Upon a Time."  A lot broader than last year, so there was quite the variety of characters - knights, wizards, Jafar, Cruella, Mad Hatter, Elsa, several princesses, Robin Hood.


We decided to go with a Neverland theme.  Disney's Tinkerbell, classic Peter Pan, and Captain Hook from the current TV show "Once Upon a Time."  I already had Aria's costume from the Masquerade last summer.  I made a shirt for me, and bought the rest.  Most of the effort went into making Aaron a handsome Hook.  He found the jacket at a thrift store, but I had to shorten it, and take a few extra pieces off of it.  He created the buckle and found the hook, I bought the awesome dragon necklace that you can't really see, add layers of dark clothing, and the look was complete. Oh yes, can't forget the eyeliner.





And it just wouldn't be us if there wasn't food involved.  Along with spinach dip and sugar cookies, I made a pirate map pizza, complete with a bell pepper pirate ship.  Aaron made an Imagination Pie, based off the food fight scene in the movie Hook.  It is pineapple chiffon with colored whipped cream and I would have loved to throw it at someone.  (It tasted good, but who wouldn't want to throw a pie?)


I didn't take many more pictures, because I was busy playing games.  Aria was super busy running around with the other kids, swinging, petting the cat, and roasting marshmallows, until finally she passed out on the couch around 11:30.  Games, food, fun and friends.  Looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

Skippy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Aaron looks like a rockstar!