So what's next?
After such a successful and well received painting, I don't want my next piece to be a let down. But it's time I let go and accept the fact that I will make mistakes. Blah blah blah, learn from them. Or just remember that acrylic is the perfect paint to learn with because I can always paint over it. I'm liking the canvas, and need more experience with it. I even like the size - big enough to make a statement without being totally overwhelming.
Aaron suggested a dragon. When we were last up at Pigeon Lake I took some picture of the fire and in one of them there was a hint of a dragon. Something like that would definitely be letting go of realism, and letting the paint do its thing. It's definitely a challenge. We'll see when I'm brave enough to take it on.
I also want to paint my Penguin Path picture. Improve upon it and bring it to life on canvas. I can imagine this one fairly clearly in my mind, but I have the feeling it's going to come together slightly different. I'm curious how.
No comments:
Post a Comment