Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tom & Donna's Wedding

On Friday the 13th, Aaron's former ball coach got married. It was an absolute honor to be there. With a senator and numerous CEO's in company, we felt incredibly privileged to be part of the beautiful celebration. The actual ceremony was held at a church, where we had to read along with several scriptures and sing a song and everything. I hadn't been to a wedding like that in years and years. It made me look forward to getting sealed to Aaron so we no longer have to apply the "as long as you both shall live" part to our marriage too.

The reception was at a golf and country club, so right there you know it's going to be classy. Not as massive as I expected - so we felt even more honored to be part of the 80 or so people selected to be there. There was a cocktail hour, with classy hors d'oeuvres like escargot, salmon, prawns, samosas, and delicious little pastries filled with brie and raspberries. Dinner was a four course affair - beef and mushroom soup, spinach salad, steak and vegetables, followed by coffee and cake. Aaron and I shared a table with three other teammates and their significant others, so we had our own little party in the corner.

Oh yes, and we even danced a little. Aaron was quite hesitant, but once we got out on the dance floor he knew exactly what he was doing. It was our first dance actually dancing together, and I definitely look forward to doing it again!
The happy couple, Tom and Donna as they came out of the church.

Everything about this wedding was classy and beautiful. We even had multiple forks and spoons for each course of the meal.

The bride at bat with the groom pitching. How awesome.

Our view of the golf course from the reception room. It had rained a bit in the morning but luckily it cleared up and the rest of the day was dry.

Hooray, it's us! Loving the hair cut but still trying to figure out exactly what to do with it.

And my dress. So I talked about this dress before - I bought it with Melinda during our last trip to the mall together. I added a couple inches to the bottom and some modesty at the top with wide black satin ribbon. I feel good when I wear this dress, but why does this picture make me look so fat in it?

One of the other couples that was with us - Munden and Ashley. Me and Ashley hang out a lot at the ball games. I take pictures and she keeps score.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ack! Cause Hubby is so tall?? Flattering girl pics are supposed to be taken from waist height...or so I read in Maxim once :S food for thought at least!
Loving the alterations though, and the whole day looked gorgeous!