I was granted my residency a month ago. A week later I was offered a job. Since then I've been offered two more. And yet, I'm still waiting. No one will let me start working without a SIN number. And I can't get a SIN number with my PR card. It's in the mail, and has been for four weeks. So my job at Old Navy is on hold. I already turned down Toys'R'Us, and just got the offer at Bath & Body Works today. The end was supposed to be in sight a month ago, but now I'm just going insane. It's been exactly a year since we sent in all the papers. I'm ready to move on.
Tomorrow I'm getting a bank account. When we finally make our trip down to Oregon I'll start the process of changing my name. After we return I'll get an Alberta driver's license, and mail in my passport to renew and change my name. Just have to wait for the card in the mail.
1 comment:
Start praying girl! Canada Post is set to go on strike, and are doing the bare minimum until then. It just took Josh 33 days to get a parcel from someone who lives 8 hours away. 475 miles. Yeesh. But it was a big box, so here's hoping!
Post a Comment