Wednesday, June 22, 2011

phone calls

After weeks and weeks of waiting, I'm STILL waiting. I was getting quite frustrated with Canada Post, and their decision to have a strike right when I'm waiting for a very important piece of mail. But then, I called up Immigration Canada, and found out that they haven't even PRINTED my card! They claim on their website that I'll receive my card within 41 business days of my residency being granted. Turns out that they'll PRINT my card on the 41st day, and then mail it out. Excuse me?! Why does it take two months to press print? Seriously? Why can't I just use my temporary paper to get my SIN number? So I have to call them up next Tuesday and find out if there are any more delays. The only good news from that phone call was a confirmation that whether or not my PR card comes, I WILL be going on my vacation. That temporary paper stapled into my passport wouldn't be enough for the airport, but we can use it to drive across the border. And right now, that's good enough for me.

My other phone calls of the day included setting up a meeting with the Stake President to get our temple recommends signed, and most importantly, a phone call to the Portland temple, to schedule our sealing. In just a few weeks, on July 7th, Aaron and I will be sealed together for forever. On 7.7.11 at 11AM (as per Aaron's request), we will be kneeling across an altar making eternal covenants. I'm very excited.

No comments: