After months and months of waiting, and then weeks and weeks of waiting, I finally, FINALLY, have my permanent resident card. It arrived while we were on vacation, so it was waiting for us in the mailbox when we got home. What a relief! I went in first thing on Monday and received my SIN number. I called the lady doing our taxes and got those finished up, and then I called up Old Navy. Surprise surprise, after two months they didn't have my job available, but happily another department was hiring, so I'll be working on the sales floor instead of doing shipment. The possibility of evenings and weekends are more likely with this position, so when an opening becomes available in the shipment department, I'll switch and have more early mornings. I have some training on Thursday, and then I'll start sometime next week!
Along with all that, I've started the process of changing my name. My SIN card will be under Sebastian as will be my Alberta driver's license. I need to change my name on:
- my permanent resident card (they wouldn't change the original)
- passport (and renew it anyway)
- health care card
- life and car insurance
- social security card
- at the bank (Canadian and two US accounts)
And if there is anything else I'm missing on this list, let me know, so I can add it. I want to be able to come back to the list in the future to make sure I don't forget anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment