"I also need to be a little bit more careful about what I say on this blog; apparently the LAPD and Captain Hammer are among our viewers."-Dr.H
And so I've been working for three weeks now. Aside from two days of training, they basically just threw me into it and let me figure it out for myself. Fold lots of clothes, say hi to everyone, answer questions and find sizes, and fold fold FOLD more clothes. Lots of folding. The other night I dreamed of nothing but folding jeans at the denim wall. But after a few days of flailing and feeling totally overwhelmed, I've gotten a pretty good handle on things. There is still plenty I don't know, and I still have no idea where to find some clothes, but I'm feeling much more confident in helping people. I've worked in every section of the store at least twice (mens and womens both within the first week), but since then I've been consistently placed in the kids section. At first it was super hard to see all the babies and pregnant women and adorable clothes, but just like with everything else, I'm getting used to it. I wouldn't say I look forward to going to work, but I don't dread it horribly either.
The good news is that I should be getting moved to the shipment team, as I was originally hired for (back in May). Although they usually start at 6AM, I would rather start first thing in the morning and be done. There's nothing worse than that last half an hour before leaving for work - don't want to get involved in anything and risk getting distracted and being late, so you just sort of wait and waste time. Blah. I'll be home more when Aaron is, which makes me happy too. And with an earlier schedule, I could possibly pick up another part time job. We've started house dreaming, and we've realized that there's no way we'll make it anywhere with what we're making now, so I'll keep looking for something better.
I've been trying to get used to having a job. I may be only working 3 or 4 days a week, but that's all time I had to myself before. I try and get a work out in a couple times a week (on our beautiful new elliptical), and keep the house under control (because we all know messes just multiply when left alone). Because I have fewer hours in a week to do what I want with, I need to start using my time better. My last painting was done back in June, so it's time to get my hands dirty again. Less time should be wasted surfing the web and playing on Pinterest. (If you don't know what it is, Trina, you would probably really like it. You can "pin" specific pictures from blogs and websites all onto one page, with notes and comments, with the links all intact! A visual pin board of all your saved Christmas crafts and recipes and home decorating stuff.) So off of the blog for now, and after a half hour on the elliptical I'll work on part one of Aaron's sister's wedding present.
No comments:
Post a Comment