Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

What an eventful year it has been.  Slow to start, but picked up quickly.  Aaron went through the temple in April, and I was finally granted my residency a few weeks later.  Of course I had to wait until July to get all the official paperwork, but we were thrilled it was finally completed.  We were able to take a trip down to Oregon to visit the family, and most importantly be sealed for time and all eternity in the Portland temple. 

As soon as we returned I was able to get my SIN number and start working.  Old Navy might not be glamorous, but it gives me a paycheck.  I started out on the sales floor, but quickly switched to the shipment team.  6AM isn't easy, but I like having my weekends and evening free to spend with Aaron, when he isn't out of town for work.  Thankfully there were less trips than last year, but every so often he was off at some rig camp or up in Edmonton.

The majority of summer was actually spent at the ball diamonds.  Aaron's fast pitch softball team, the Calgary Royals, had an eventful season.  The weekend of Provincials was a hot one up in Blackfalds.  Of course they had to play three games in a row on the hottest day, but secured silver.  The rest of the season went ridiculously long (ending the last weekend in September), but the team was strong and became the city champions.  I was there for every game with my camera, and together Aaron and I made an amazing DVD for the team.

On October 1st Aaron's mother got remarried.  A beautiful little ceremony where I played photographer.  That same weekend we realized our vehicle was in need of replacing, and after a long month of ups and downs, we got a 2007 Ford Fusion.  That month was also when my sister Trina had her fourth daughter, Tenley. 

And finally just two days ago we celebrated out second anniversary.  Two joyous years of happy marriage.  He drives me crazy, but I can't stand to be without him.
Those are the big highlights, interspersed with copious amounts of board games and hanging out with friends.  Lots of time together, being happy. 

And now it's the day for looking back and looking ahead.  Wondering what the new year will bring.  Aaron's sister will be having her third boy in April, and we're planning another trip to Oregon in the spring for my brother's college graduation.  My parents will most likely come to visit in the summer, along with my sister, Tawnia.  Should be a wonderful year.

No comments: