Sunday, June 17, 2012

dreaming of you

Last night there were lots of dreams.  The most interesting was when my water broke at 32 weeks (which I really am today), except I was in Oregon.  Nathan was freaking out, and I left to go to the hospital with Mom and Emily.  Later Aaron and I were in a swimming pool, holding our baby girl, discussing what to name her.  We had to tell Emily to go away, so we could decide in peace, and then tell everyone all at once.  I kept tossing in the name Violet (which I know Aaron doesn't like), and he randomly added in the name Alyssa (which isn't on our list at all, but is a name Emily likes). 

After another random dream of me trying to get interesting pictures of my baby (which wasn't working because our baby was strangely shaped like a Fisher Price toy), and then me being the subject of the photos instead (very Top Model-esque), I dreamed of our baby feeding and sleeping, over and over again.  At one point she looked at me and said, "Is this all I get to do?"  Yes baby, for the first little while, that's about it.

I sometimes get the feeling that this baby is going to come early.  But maybe it's wishful thinking, and really she'll show up two weeks late (like Aaron did).  It is making me very antsy to get moved and settled into our new apartment, and then make the rest of the preparations to get ready for our girl.  We have a carseat, but it isn't installed, and we don't have a stroller to go with it.  We've been given lots of diapers, but have no wipes.  There's a cradle, but it needs to be cleaned (and hopefully repainted), and there's no mattress or bedding with it.  Nothing is packed for the hospital, I have nothing for recovering from the birth, and no clothes for nursing.  And of course all of her clothes are packed up in boxes, nothing washed or sorted.  Lots to do, and only 8(ish?) weeks to do it in. 

No comments: