Happy birthday to me! After some luxurious sleeping in and snuggling with Aaron, we headed out for the day. The first stop was yet another doctor appointment. The wait wasn't as long as it had been some other days, so that was nice. Everything with Baby was good, like normal. They looked at her ultrasound results and said that she was right at the 50th percentile for everything, except her femur length (90th). Looks like we've got a tall one! (Are we surprised? Really?)
Then bra shopping. If I'm stuck wearing a nursing bra for the next year (at least), I'm going to make sure it is very comfortable. At the birthing class we attended they suggested a specific brand (Bravado), so after looking around online, I found a few places in Calgary that sell them. Now I've only had the chance to wear one while trying it on, but I was very happy with how they felt. (To the point where I may like them better than any regular bra I've ever worn.) Obviously more expensive than anything at WalMart or wherever, but it's my birthday, I'm going to have a baby, and I'm going to spoil myself a little bit.
Stop by WalMart to return something, and do the rest of the baby prep shopping, including snacks for the hospital, and something from Daddy (two outfits: a Winnie the Pooh dress, and a baseball sleeper). A few other odds and ends, and randomly a new vacuum.
And then more errands, more stops, up and down, in and out of the car. I was seriously beginning to wonder if Aaron was just trying to make me go into labor! But instead of dropping down, Baby decided to put her feet up into my ribs. With her long legs, she usually keeps her feet up by her head, but not today. I was ready to get home and relax.
But one more stop. There's a little hole-in-the-wall store called "From Milano to Calgary" a few neighborhoods over. Authentic Italian food, made fresh by an authentic Italian. Aaron had been there before, but it was new to me. Picked up a handful of things and finally made our way home.
Aaron isn't the sort of person to just let things be. Since we picked up some bread, he wanted to make some soup to go with it. So while he worked on making up a big pot of minestrone soup, I took the time to fill out paperwork for maternity leave (since I got my last paycheck today). It was a long and somewhat frustrating process, but at least it's done for now. And at the end we got to sit down to dinner: so much food, not enough room in my tummy! (And almost not enough room in our fridge.)
So all in all, a long day, but very productive. It may have been focused a lot on the baby, but is there anything in my life that isn't anymore? Just waiting for the cake to cool for dessert to end the day.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a full and happy birthday. Love you.
DEFINITELY pay good money for nursing bras! I bought cheap ones with Summer and had to replace them in less than 6 months. As it is, you'll have to get new ones with every kid because after a year of putting them through the paces, they're totally trashed.
What are the maternity leave rules up there? How long do you get before you have to either return to work or officially quit the job? Down here, you get a whopping 6 weeks, which is NOT ENOUGH. At 6 weeks after Summer's birth, I was still just barely walking around our apartment comfortably. (The other 3, I recovered much quicker - the first one is always the hardest.) I got 10 weeks, but only because the Human Resources person at my office told me some tweaks I could do with the paperwork to get a few more days, and I burned through all of my vacation time as well.
Post a Comment