Saturday, July 28, 2012

Scrabble tile project

I know these Scrabble projects are all the rage on Pinterest, but I've had this idea for a while now.  I also didn't go hunting for leftover tiles to do this - we play a LOT of games at our house, and happened to have two EXTRA copies of Scrabble (yes, we had three, not including an NHL version too).  Besides, I made mine a lot more custom and complicated than anything else I'd seen.


I took my Scrabble tiles, an old frame I found at a thrift store, a sheet of paper and a little bit of acrylic paint (for the inner frame) and put together a pretty piece of art for my family.  The frame has some depth to it, which the photos don't show off very well, but it looks quite nice on my wall.

Sorry about the glare, but this photo showed the colors the best.

2 comments:

Frank and Evelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frank and Evelyn said...

I thought you might include the babies name. Or did you?