Saturday, August 11, 2012

adventures with Aunt Tawnia

My Aunt Tawnia is the coolest.  She wanted to be there when I was born, but I wanted to make sure I got to hang out with her as much as possible, so I arrived a few days before she was driving north.  I figured she couldn't be too mad at me since I'm adorable and we share the same middle name!  She spent just over a week here with me, cuddling me lots, warming and feeding me bottles, and being a huge help for Mommy.  The grown-ups couldn't do a whole lot, with Mommy healing and Daddy having to work most days, but we did go out on a few adventures.



Friday: The downtown Calgary skyline.
Looking out over the Saddledome.
First time out in the stroller.
Happy family at the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary.

To tired to take a walk, but we'll go back again.

Saturday: Playing with Aunt Tawnia - lots of exercise and stretches.

First bath at home.

Taking pictures!  Tawnia's helping hold that big lion down.
Sunday: After church we drove up to see the new Calgary temple.
The open house is in October.

Afterwards we went to Grandpa and Wanda's for a BBQ.


No no!  No photos please!

Thursday: At Daddy's ball game!

Everyone was swooning, and Teresa held Aria for at least 20 minutes
but nobody loves her more than Mommy, Daddy and Aunt Tawnia!

Grandpa and Wanda came too - they can't get enough of Aria either.

After the ball game had to take Tawnia out for milkshakes at Peters'.

Strawberry-raspberry: blueberry, blackberry, and cherry.

Too yummy to pass up a taste.

Friday: Deliciousness at the Pfanntastic Pannenkoek Haus.

Better not ask Daddy for a taste.

Maybe Mommy will share?

Looking adorable and having everyone at the restaurant staring!
We also went to Mommy's old work at Old Navy where even more
people stared and cooed and said, "So CUTE!"
 
Tawnia's last night in Calgary and she couldn't get enough.

Sister bonding time - just like the good ol' days.

Aria will need a sister someday.

Do you think they would be this crazy together?

Looks like we're ready for bed.

Aunt Tawnia wins - her expression is most like Aria's!

Everyone is so happy that the baby is sleeping!
(But that's what she usually does..)

Kisses for Aria, before Tawnia says goodbye.  Come back and visit again soon!

1 comment:

Amanda Palmer said...

I'm so impressed that you guys got out and did so many things! Maybe you would have done more at other times in life, but it sure looked like a lot to me!! So glad you got some Aunt Tawnia time and sister time...and it just looked like a blast. Love all of you guys.