Thursday, August 30, 2012

one month


I've been a mommy for one whole month, and part of me can't remember what life was like before Aria was here.  She's a wonderful little girl - sleeps a lot, and doesn't cry much (only when hungry).  Aaron adores her and almost kisses her more than he kisses me.  And boy has she grown.  At three weeks she was 9lbs 5oz, and had grown an inch.  You can see how much she's changed in the pictures - three days versus one month.  I should do another picture in just her diaper to really show it, but you can totally see it in her face.

The rocking chair that I live in these days.
She hasn't lost any hair yet, and she has the same cowlick as Daddy!
The thing I dislike most about our new apartment (aside from hearing our neighbors a LOT more than we used to), is that the lighting sucks.  It's very difficult to get any decent sort of pictures without a bunch of extra work or using the flash (which I hate).   I managed to get some decent video though!  She doesn't do much besides look cute, but at least they are that.  I will be spending some time outside this evening, so here's hoping I can get a wonderful one month photo then.

 
 
For those who were wondering, the attempts at breastfeeding have failed.  For the last four weeks I have pumped, took a dozen pills and drank several cups of Milk-made tea every single day.  It took about three days of pumping to produce one small meal for Aria.  Not enough.  We'll continue to nurse a few times a day, for any small amount of milk, and for the comfort and cuddles for both of us.  I'm very disappointed that I'm not able to breastfeed, but I did everything I could to make it happen.  Instead of feeling guilty or upset, I'm going to focus on making her as happy and healthy as I can.  

2 comments:

Lalainia said...

Can you believe it has been a month already - it goes so fast!! She is such a dollie. I still have her gift in the back of my truck I better hurry up before it doesn't fit her. Don't beat yourself up about the breastfeeding thing - it is what it is, she is perfect!

Frank and Evelyn said...

Love hearing those sweet little baby grunts and squeaks. See you in October Little Angel Aria. Grandma loves you.