We all know that Aria loves sheep. So I'm not surprised when we came to the conclusion that Aria would dress as a sheep for Halloween. I kept it very simple - we already had the beautiful sheep hat that Aunt TC made a few Christmases ago, and we layered on a fluffy white vest (that we found at the thrift store) over a white shirt and grey pants. A large jingle bell on a string and a colored nose to complete the look. The weather was nice enough that she only needed her winter boots and some black gloves to stay cozy warm for trick-or-treating. Not my best costume efforts, but she loved it and that's what makes me happy.
A week before Halloween, Aaron decided that he wanted to be Dr. Strange. It was easy enough for him to shave his facial hair into submission, but it took me a bit more effort to make the rest of the costume. A large red bed sheet (that I had picked up at the thrift store several months before) was turned into a cape, and we held it onto the shirt with magnets. He already had the blue shirt, so I just needed to use my painting skills to make it a classic comic-style Dr. Strange outfit (including the necklace so we didn't have to make/find one). He found enough gold fabric for the belt, but with only a few days to get it all together, we weren't able to find any yellow gloves. Aaron was happy with my last-minute efforts though, and wore the entire ensemble again when he went to see the movie the following week.
I only spent about an hour on my costume. A plain white t-shirt and some leftover fleece to create a snowman. Scarf and hat to complete the look. Of course it wasn't until a few days later that I found a reasonably priced top hat, so we plan on using the shirt again and taking some fun pictures for Christmas cards.
No comments:
Post a Comment