Wednesday, October 28, 2009

something old

I did it! I finally figured out my blue shoes! It was one of the first things I talked about, and as much as we looked, we just couldn't find what I wanted. As I was sitting in church on Sunday, the idea struck - use shoes I already have! My absolutely favorite black heels have started to wear out, and I'm already getting a replacement pair (and I've got them in brown as well). They are very comfortable, and aren't too high of a heel.

A can of spray glue and a small container of blue glitter later, and I have a new pair of shoes! I leave a trail of glitter where ever I go, but I don't care. I don't even mind the glitter stuck to the inside. Hooray for turning something old into something new AND blue!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I'd seen this done for Dorothy's Ruby Slippers, and it looks even better in blue!

Amanda Palmer said...

Joshua was SO disappointed that I came and scooped him up about 1/2 a second before he could grab the rest of that glitter from the container on the floor and make EVERYTHING festive.

Mindy Sebastian said...

You'll be glad to know then, Amanda, that the glitter has been cleaned up, and he can't get into it. The corner is still full of boxes though, and getting fuller!