Monday, December 14, 2009

Bridal Shower Fun

Tawnia and Amanda put together an amazing bridal shower for me last week. It's just sad that we didn't have more people here to enjoy it! We had a nice spread of cookies and hot chocolate .. warm and cozy for a December evening. There were even maple flavored cookies, as a nod to Canada. The best part was the games. For all the people out there that hate bridal shower games, you wouldn't hate these. They were fun, non-competitive, and you actually got to know a little bit more about the couple. First we played a memory game, matching words like dress, proposal, future plans, etc. When a match was found, I would tell the story behind the word. Tawnia had fun prizes for the person who found the match, that also went along with my stories. Like a bag of Hershey Kisses for the first kiss story, and a princess puzzle to go along with the dress (because I looked like a princess). We then played MadLibs .. or at least Amanda's version of it! She wrote out a great story with lots of words to fill in. I wasn't allowed to say any words, but I got to pick from the selection of words that my guests (my Mom and sisters) said aloud. Here's a fantastic video of Amanda reading "The True Story of Mindy and Aaron's Love" for the first time.



The final game was my favorite. Amanda and Tawnia came up with 19 questions for Aaron, and had him answer them .. on video. I was given the same 19 questions and had to guess what Aaron's answers were going to be. For every correct answer, I got a piece of chocolate. I got 13 out of the 19 correct. I'm hoping to eventually splice together his one video with the videos of my answers, but until that happens, you'll just have to know it was awesome, and that we know each other well. I still need to work on teaching him all the nieces and nephews though!

To finish off the evening, I opened a few presents. A kitchen scale from Mom, a necklace from Emily, Christmas ornaments from Clarissa, a great relationship book from Amanda and ... a pregnancy test from Tawnia?! I won't need it for quite some time, but uhhh .. thanks? :) She also gave me some yummy smelling soap and bath petals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Sisters are the best :) Except for their humourous presents...? lol well there is that Mormon stereotype, but we can all wait until you're ready for those angelic-looking babes we know you'll have!
Neices and nephews...are you up to speed on all the cousins yet?
What's up Nathan's sleeve for a bachelor party....

Mindy Sebastian said...

I haven't made Aaron learn any of MY cousins, so I shouldn't have to worry too much about HIS. Especially since I have as many as you guys do! We are spread across the country so we're not as close, but still .. nieces and nephews are more closely related than cousins .. and there's only NINE of them (number 10 is due next spring). And I know HIS nephew :P