Only one week until the big day. My last day of work, finishing my Christmas shopping, and then Aaron shows up tomorrow. I'm starting to get major butterflies in my stomach. And then there's the dreams.
My sister Trina called yesterday, to let me know that she had dreamed about my wedding. I was getting no photographs taken until I had my veil, but that was still at Michael's (the craft store). There was pulled-pork involved, along with a halo-like veil that she turned away. All in all an entertaining, but harmless, dream especially since my veil has been taken care of since September.
So last night I had my first big wedding dream. The wedding was taking place in a tiny portion of the Primary room at church, instead of the gym as planned. Maybe ten people were milling around, before Dad took my arm and led me across the room. He handed me off to Aaron, where I got very light-headed and weak in the knees (which generally happens when he kisses me, but this was worse). I couldn't stay focused at all. Next thing I knew there were a string of posts on Facebook about how the wedding was cancelled. But no! I just wasn't ready! I looked down at myself and realized that although I was wearing my wedding dress, I was wearing my Tinkerbell jacket over the top of it. And my hair was down - meaning I wasn't wearing my veil or tiara, and my beautiful blue necklace was missing too, along with my bold blue sash around my waist. How could they have let me go down the aisle looking like that!? I took the next while REALLY getting ready, scrambling to find everything, and tie my sash in a perfect little bow. Then the whole thing jumped to the end of the wedding - skipped the ceremony entirely, and we were sitting around opening presents. A lot of friends were there, and Aaron was being super particular about not tearing the paper, so I could save it for later.
4 comments:
I love the dream....especially the end - that's really funny!
and if you say something back, now it will email me.
Thank you for all your thoughts and comments on the blog, Amanda. Looking forward to seeing you guys later today!
i like your blog! We're excited to see you, too. I'm not feeling super good, and didn't want to cough all over the kids in nursery, so Henry and I are home doing laundry, etc. We'll see you probably around 1, depending how long lunch takes. When will you get home from church?
Post a Comment