Monday, June 14, 2010

Sunday numbers

Yesterday I decided to walk to church. Aaron had a training meeting in the morning, and would skip out in time to make it to sacrament meeting, but I needed to be there an hour early for choir. I wasn't sure how far it was, so I left at 15 minutes to 11 to make it for 12 o'clock. (We measured it on the drive home - 3.2 kilometers, or 2 miles.) I took my sweet time wandering the tree-lined streets, and enjoying my day and arrived at 20 to 12. It was the perfect day for a walk. Clear blue skies, about 75 degrees, with just enough of a breeze to keep the scent of lilacs in the air. The trees were a rich green, offering shade all along the way. I passed 4 houses for sale, 5 dogs getting walked, 1 golf course with 2 ponds, and 1 father teaching his 2 children how to ride their bikes. It was quite a wonderful way to spend the morning. I may have to start walking to church much more often. In the evening we went to a friend's to play some games. After a few hours we ended up coming back to our house to continue playing, so his roommate could get some sleep. In the midst of conversation we found that perhaps Aaron could get a job working with Pete - at a restaurant called Newport Grill. He would be getting his Red Seal hours too! So Pete will take his resume in tomorrow (since they are closed on Mondays), and we'll pray that this month of unemployment is at an end!

No comments: