Monday, June 7, 2010

let me entertain you

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately. They tend to be very entertaining. I feel bad that my blog is lacking clever writing. I try to make up for it with pictures when I can. I know my life isn't that incredibly entertaining, but I wish I could portray it in a way that makes people think it is. Or at least let them be amused while reading it. With all this tumbling in my head, I have delayed actually updating this thing.

Especially when there's bad news.

Aaron lost his job. Ugh. After the typical three-month trial period, his boss said he "didn't fit" with the company. Granted, Mr. Boss Man also thought Aaron was sexist, conceited and didn't respect authority. He learned this from limited interaction with Aaron, and mostly from watching the security cameras, and especially from making assumptions. And we all know what happens when we assume, right? RIGHT?

So we're job hunting. Well he is, while I distract myself with Christmas projects. With him around all the time I'm less lonely, but more stressed. Not fun. He has started a part time job with Primerica, but the training takes a while, so we aren't likely to see much income from that until mid-to-late July. Which is fine. That will stay a part time job once he gets a full time job anyhow.

In other news, after a three week break from ball (which was supposed to only be two, but we got snowed out at the end of May), the Calgary Royals had a very busy week. Games on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, two on Saturday and one Sunday morning. Aaron didn't make it to the Tuesday or Friday ones (because we had other things going on), and those were the only games that our team won for the week! Super close games (always one run behind) for the most part though. Aaron pitched at least two-thirds of all four games he was at, so we've been icing it down whenever we're home. It should be good and ready for the back-to-back games we have on Thursday evening.

No comments: