
So we've got an idea of what I'm looking for, but what will Aaron wear? I'm requiring that he purchase a suit. I'll let him pick it out because he has a better idea of what actually looks good on him. At this point he doesn't have a suit, and he needs one. That's all he's got to do. Buy a suit and show up at the temple. But what fun is that for me? So I looked up some options for ties. I found some nice bright royal blue solid ones, but after showing him all the various ones I found he liked the one I've got pictured here (from www.tiedrake.net). He didn't like any stripes and definitely not any paisley, but he actually got excited when this one came on the screen. I like the idea of wearing the vest - it'll dress up the suit a bit for the big day. And Aaron looks really good in blue.
Then there's the conundrum of what the other guys wear. I'm not worrying so much about the girls wearing matching dresses, so why should the guys have matching ties? I do want them to look nice though, and would love to have them all wear blue. Pick your own pattern (just dominately blue), and there ya go! You don't even have to buy a new one if you don't want to. Oh yes, and wear a basic black suit. Jacket optional, cuz I don't know if everyone has jackets.
See? Aren't I nice? I'm not being bridezilla about colors or matching or anything!
3 comments:
I love this tie! I think the vest is a good idea too, and i actually like the idea of NOT matching the ties, but having them all variations of blue. It'll be beautiful.
If a guy has a suit, then he has a jacket. It's not just black pants. So do you want suits, or just black pants and white shirts for the guys? (I vote suits.)
I also suggest that you do go with Aaron to buy his suit for a number of reasons. 1. You can make sure he actually does look good in a BLACK suit, as opposed to gray or navy. 2. Do you want it solid black or pinstriped, and if it's pinstriped, how wide, what shade, etc. 3. There are a lot of different cuts of suits (single or double breasted, 2 or 3 buttons on the jacket), a lot of different fabrics, etc.
It's actually fun to go suit shopping with a guy (you have to go with him so he can get it tailored for the pants and sleeve length), and if you go to a suit shop rather than a big department store, they'll help you pick out shirts and ties too. When we got Adam's suits at the beginning of law school, I had a great time with it! And the people picking out the shirts and ties for us got stuff that we never would have thought of (yellow shirt, pastel green shirt) but looked amazing!
I would probably just love seeing him in all different suits, trying them on. He does have some sense, but yes, it would be nice to be there (and just to make sure it actually happens). I'm just not sure when it would happen - I know we're seeing each other this summer, but beyond that? I think I have a break at Thanksgiving. I may not have the chance to go with him, but I'll definitely try.
Post a Comment