What about the idea of serving hot chocolate at the reception? I don't know if I would dare drink any myself (brown liquid + white dress = major hesitation), but it adds a bit of coziness to it all. A variety of different flavors - Stephens Gourmet Hot Chocolate has a bunch - raspberry, mint, dark, vanilla, even peanut butter! And, like everyone's outfits, use mismatched mugs to serve. That way we can borrow mugs from all sorts of places - preferably blue, of course, but I think any Christmasy ones would work. There could be someone behind the table to help dish it up, or a self serve sort of thing. Other desserts could include sugar cookies, anything peppermint, fudge, pumpkin pie, chocolate covered pretzels and all the other Christmasy treats we love some much.
2 comments:
I LOVE the idea of hot chocolate at a winter wedding - and I think that serving all sorts of traditional Christmas desserts is awesome. Stephens hot chocolate is my favorite!
Yummy, hot chocolate. I'd like it better than punch.
Post a Comment