Thursday, April 9, 2009

something unique

I had the idea of using something different for a bouquet, since I wasn't having a whole lot of luck finding the right color of blue flowers. I know it sounds crazy, but the way I'm picturing it, I don't see many flowers at all! Anyway, so I looked around on the Internet for unique bouquets and I came across this one! I love the idea, and even found directions on how it's made here. You could make it light up too! It would involve some experimenting, but I was thinking of blue and silver ornaments with white tulle. If the bridesmaids (all my sisters) and flowers girls (all my nieces) wanted to carry something, I could create smaller versions, or have little baskets for the girls. And the idea could translate into boutonnieres for the guys too. Do my bridesmaids even want to carry something? We aren't walking down an aisle or anything, so what do you think?

4 comments:

tawngap said...

I think I would prefer to have my hands free... but that's just my opinion. I don't know what anyone else thinks.

Mindy Sebastian said...

And that is why I asked, Tawnia. Thank you for the response.

I think baskets for the little girls could be cute, but only if they end up getting made. I don't know if I'll do it, or if someone else crafty will sign on (like JoAnne, or Mom said Tammi was getting in on the wedding action).

treen said...

I'm also indifferent as to having a bouquet - it doesn't matter to me either way, and in the end, it's just one more thing in my house for my kids to destroy because they'll want to play with it.

Baskets for the little girls would be cute, but make sure to NOT use glass ornaments in them. Nothing fragile, because if it CAN break, they WILL break it. And then it will be a bloody mess when they slice up their hands.

Lovely imagery for a wedding blog, huh? Well, that's what we want to prevent! Ha ha ha ...

Mindy Sebastian said...

But you make a good point, Trina. Don't put fragile things in little girls' hands to carry around all day. Got it.