I loved wearing that dress, and I felt wonderful in it. It fit me very well, and it looked great. But it was at a very small store, so I wasn't able to try on very much. I do want to try on a few others, like these... (dresses 2, 3, and 4.)
#2 is one of my favorites!
Good structure and nice details without being overwhelming.
#3 has the split front as well (I like)
Unique neckline, but simple overall.
#4 Very simple sillohette, but pretty details.
I know that $450 - $650 for a wedding dress is an amazing deal (especially when a lot of brides pay well into the thousands), but I'm a little hesitant on paying that much for a dress. I might end up trying on a certain dress and suddenly be willing to pay that much, but in the meantime, I've come up with another idea.
After browsing these websites a bit more, and looking at the bridesmaids dresses, I came to find that many of them can come in white. Why not pay around $150 - $200 for a simpler dress? Since we are planning a summer reception for up in Canada, I could purchase a second dress if I wanted, and it would still cost less than purchasing one of the fancier ones. Even if I purchased (or rented) a full slip to go under the dress, to give it a poofier look, it would still be significantly less. So here are a few ideas for that. Although the pictures show dress in a variety of colors, all of them are available in white. (dresses 5 - 13)
#5 is nice, but has a large bow on the back.
We might have to get rid of that before serious contemplation.
#6 I like the details of the little flowers on the overlay.
In the light blue they almost look like snowflakes.
#7 Very simple, no fuss.

I love #8!
I'm just a sucker for the split.
Also like the detailing around the top.

#9 This one has a similar waist to #1
But not as detailed and not as expensive.

#10 I like the details around the waist.
I think it'd look nice with a fuller skirt.

#11 The way it puddles on the floor .. so pretty!

#12 This one is like the ribbon one I tried on.
Yes, it comes in floor length.
#13 Also similar to my original design for a dress.
Very sleek, and I like the sheer.
We might have to get rid of that before serious contemplation.
#6 I like the details of the little flowers on the overlay.In the light blue they almost look like snowflakes.
#7 Very simple, no fuss.
I love #8!
I'm just a sucker for the split.
Also like the detailing around the top.

#9 This one has a similar waist to #1
But not as detailed and not as expensive.

#10 I like the details around the waist.
I think it'd look nice with a fuller skirt.

#11 The way it puddles on the floor .. so pretty!

#12 This one is like the ribbon one I tried on.
Yes, it comes in floor length.
#13 Also similar to my original design for a dress.Very sleek, and I like the sheer.
So then comes the task of actually trying things on. I can't decide 100% until I've tried it on. I have to know what it makes me look like! And can I move in it? I think the bridesmaids dresses would be a lot easier to move around in, but the gowns are also so very pretty. I'll update as soon as I hit the stores. Wanna go next weekend, Tawnia? (And anyone else in Idaho/Utah.)
3 comments:
Like most of them but don't think #3 would look to good on you.Just one opinion.
Love ya. Enjoy planning.
I like the idea of getting a bridesmaids dress as a cheaper alternative, though my main advice is to go with what will makes you happiest. And yes we can go dress shopping.
Hooray for dress shopping! I think spending less money will make me happier, but we'll see how it goes when I get to try things on. If I just don't feel enough like a bride in the other dresses, we'll just have to go for a full gown. I believe all of the dresses are from Latter-Day Bride and Modest by Design. One is in Salt Lake, and the other is in Murray - so we don't have to go ALL over the place to try one these specific dresses. We could try that place in Provo too though, since it is nearby.
Post a Comment