Friday, June 26, 2009

something blue

I tried on my dress again today, because I was in the area and bought the shoes. 3 1/2 inch heels would have been better, instead of just 3, but we decided that with a slip underneath it would poof out just enough to get it off the floor. Unless we find the perfect winter boots - then I'd have to get it hemmed. We found a bridesmaid dress in the store that had a nearly detachable sash on it, so I held the dress behind me and tied the bow in front. Someone will have to make a sash, because they can't order one that color, but at least I got to see what it looks like! Please excuse the crappy picture: I had just been to the dentist getting a couple fillings, and my mouth was still half numb. I'm also a bit sunburnt, and was in a hurry this morning so my hair wasn't at its best. But we're looking at the DRESS, not me. And, by the way, I'm not wearing a poofy slip in the picture - that's just how poofy the dress is! The other picture I have on here is a good view of my train. I realized we didn't get a good one before, because I was always standing on the little box.

While we're talking about blue and poofy - I was looking at some bridal magazines with a friend the other day, and came across a great idea. I haven't found the right picture for it, but I want some color on my slip. If I can't find the right pair of colored shoes, I would still love a little color at the bottom of my dress. Some hunting online pulled up dyed crinoline slips, but I saw very few the right shade of blue, and if I can borrow a slip for free then I'd rather not buy one. So my idea would be to add a band of blue ribbon along the bottom of the slip. Just a little flash of color when I sit down or kick up my heels. Then I'd have blue on my head (in the tiara) and around my waist with the sash, and at the bottom with the slip!

No comments: