Friday, June 12, 2009

something small


I was looking through blogs and such, as I usually do, and came across a cupcake picture that made me smile. And then I realized that I always smile whenever I see a cupcake. Or maybe it's just because there are usually sprinkles on cupcakes and I really really like sprinkles. Either way, I decided that I want cupcakes instead of a wedding cake. Seriously though, for only 50 people it just makes sense to make 50 cupcakes instead of doing an entire cake. And I can have sprinkles!


So I investigated further - and you can do all sorts of pretty cupcake wrappers and different sprinkles to sparkle it all up. Paper Orchid has some very cute wrappers for presentation - laser cut with stars or butterflies or hearts. Such fun! And then the sprinkles - little silver balls, snowflakes, edible glitter or your standard multi-color stuff. We may have to have a variety of cupcakes just because it's so hard to decide what to do!


Besides all that - Aaron and I both really like rainbow chip. And has there ever been a rainbow chip wedding cake? Hooray for cupcakes!

And I found this site: The Blushing Bakeshop. So cute! It made me very giggly.

2 comments:

treen said...

I've always wanted to learn to decorate cakes. Maybe I'll practice on cupcakes for the next 6 months, and we'll have a cake decorating party the day after Christmas!

One of those tier things with different levels of cupcakes would be really pretty at your reception. And much cooler than a sheetcake.

Mindy Sebastian said...

I'm not a big fan of the tiers .. or at least not the ones directly stacked on top of each other. Maybe we'll come up with a cool cupcake display with different levels of wrapped boxes or something.

Can't you picture it though? A mug of hot chocolate and a cupcake .. all cute and cozy for a winter wedding!