Tuesday, July 27, 2010

one year older and wiser too

Happy Birthday to me this week. And a happy birthday it was. Aaron surprised me with flowers the day before, when he went out and did the grocery shopping (while I was waiting for the cupcakes to come out of the oven). Later I also received a glass blown candle holder from our friend Theo, and Aaron got me a book I've been wanting and a $30 gift card for an art store.

Sunday was fabulous. We just made it home from church when our guests started coming over (between 15 and 20 showed up). Fabulous turn out (even a couple of girls!), and loads of fun. We played games, ate cupcakes and set off a few sparklers until one o'clock in the morning. A fabulous way to start another year for me.

My parents and my aunt and uncle are showing up later this afternoon, bringing me more of what I left in storage back home. The party will be continuing all week!

No comments: