Thursday, February 25, 2010

getting settled

I've spent the week unpacking and trying to get this place organized. Can't quite say it's home yet since we have no couches and we're still sleeping on a futon, but we're working with what we've got. Pictures will come soon. Aaron took pictures when we signed the paperwork, of a lovely empty place, but we can't find the camera cord to download them to my computer. And I'm not quite willing to take pictures with our stuff in here yet, simply because it doesn't look done. There are little areas that are okay, but not entire rooms.

It is nice though, to wake up and hear the birds. To not have to deal with other people's food in the fridge (although it means ours is VERY empty), or waiting to take a turn in the shower. I've finally had the chance to be married with NO ROOMMATES! Finally! It isn't like the whole world has changed and everything is a million times better, but it's good. Very good. And I'm going to take full advantage of it.

Instead of JUST unpacking, which would drive me crazy, I dug out all my watercolor stuff and painted a picture. Nothing too amazing, but it's me being artistic. I'm also going to spend some time in the kitchen today, being creative. Aaron decided to buy a yam this week, with no clue what to do with it. So I'm taking it upon myself to figure something out. I'm going to try two dishes - something savory and something sweet. Just have to head over to the grocery store for flour and vanilla. We'll see how it all goes!

1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

So you probably have to find your camera before you can put up pictures of your new artwork. What did you paint?