Wednesday, March 24, 2010

around the block

Another walk around the block. Is it odd that I'm the most nervous as I pass the high school? There are always kids hanging out there and across the street at the tennis courts - whether they're supposed to be in classes or not. Anyway, I saw this lovely marquee at the church and found it odd. Figured I'd share. I'm still trying to figure out if this is something we're doing wrong and need to fix, or something we aren't doing and should be. If the second is correct, why are we supposed to love the wrong people? Wouldn't that make them the right people?

With the camera already out and the fear of strangers' stares overcome (lots of cars passing by), figured I'd keep up with the pictures. Lots of people are talking of spring and the calendar says it is, but this is what we're still looking at around here. The only leaves on the trees are the dead ones that somehow survived the blustery winter.

Trina was asking about the yellowy-gray grass that I had mentioned before. So I was on the hunt to get a good artsy picture of it. This one is taken through a fence from across the school field back towards my apartment building (the white ones, with the dark roof). Either way, it's a decent shot of a lot of grass - and how ALL the grass is around here these days. I'm waiting for some rain or (more likely) snow fall, to help make this grass green and make it feel like spring!

So I did get my artsy shot - moments before my walk ended, and mere steps from my apartment building. It was a good day for a walk though (much better than today's gloomy overcast appearance), and it makes me look forward to taking more. I've been around this block a few times now, so we'll see where else I can wander.

2 comments:

treen said...

That sign makes me laugh, and I love the "artsy" shot of the grass and sky. Keep taking stuff like that, and you could blow it up to an 11x20 (or whatever - something large) and sell them. I love nature shots!

I also want to go through our scenic shots of DC and see what there is to blow up as large prints and make some kind of wall collection.

Anonymous said...

The last photo is awesome! Kendyl agrees it totally looks like the middle of a Saskatchewan field...not steps out of the apartment! There are a few green blades poking through, there's hope yet...