Wednesday, March 17, 2010

missing: one pair of shoes

For the last three months or so, most of my shoes have been taped up in a large cardboard box. After many weeks of being annoyed with this box at the bottom of the closet, I put together some wire shelving squares on Monday and built a home for all our shoes. Considering I used to work at a shoe store, the fact that I have LESS than 30 pairs of shoes would be surprising to some. (This does include several pairs of flip-flops, but not the two pairs of slippers.) I have nearly half a dozen pairs of one particular style - Airwalk brand slip-ons. They're super comfortable and come in many different colors and patterns. I haven't been wearing anything but boots and heels since arriving to Canada, but the weather has been so incredibly beautiful that it's time to bring out regular shoes. And I'm missing a pair! Black Airwalk slip-ons, with purple and pink stars all over them. I'm not needing them today, since I'm wearing green (and wearing the brown argyle shoes), but I like that pair of shoes! I had ALL of my shoes in that one box, so they couldn't have gotten lost here, so they must be somewhere at home, in Oregon. Sad.

4 comments:

tawngap said...

That pair of shoes in the picture.... is that the pair you're missing? I know it is. They were in your car. Now they are in a box on the front porch. I'll be sure that they get brought in and put with your other stuff so that you will eventually get them back. It will be like Christmas... and it might actually BE Christmas. So mystery solved.

Mindy Sebastian said...

The one in the picture is similar to the one that is missing. And the last I could remember seeing them was in the car - which I could have sworn I had cleaned out! But apparently not. Mom and Dad are planning on bringing my stuff to me in July, so I'll get them for my birthday. Hooray! Thank you, Tawnia.

Frank and Evelyn said...

There was also a pair of gold flip-flops in the car. And what do you want done with the set of pink and black floor mats that are still tied together?

Mindy Sebastian said...

Dang .. I seriously thought Aaron had cleaned everything out. I guess he forgot to look under the seats. Hmmm .. I wonder where the black flip flops are then, if I didn't throw them away.

As for the floor mats, put whatever ones in there that look the best. Aaron got me the steering wheel cover and all that, but the only piece I still have is the CD holder. Toss or use in a different vehicle .. doesn't matter to me. I guess you guys don't need floor mats so much down there .. with all the snowy/muddy boots up here the car gets trashed without them!