Tuesday, March 9, 2010

bits and pieces

We start off today's show with an amazing before and after. It's a great example of what a few minutes of time can do to transform a space. This is what our bed looked like yesterday morning, after Aaron left for work. I've never been a fan of that bedspread, and it really didn't work with the mismatched pillows. We got our headboard back from Aaron's dad, but I discovered that the futon is too low for it, so I moved it into the closet and out of the way. The joy of blankets these days is that most of them are reversible. The other side was just plain blue, but we both like blue, and it's way better than the stripes. Boring though, so I added the blanket that Aaron's grandmother made him. Sentimental and pretty at the same time! There's still something missing at the top of the bed .. another small pillow in white, or a light blue, or even a silver. We'll keep our eyes open for something, but it's already an improvement. I'd love to eventually get a new bedspread, but in the mean time this will work. See folks? Home improvement for free!

While we're sharing pictures, here is the rest of upstairs. The bathroom! Woo .. amazing, I know. Aaron agreed to the pretty butterfly shower curtain. It actually works quite well with the bathroom accessories we already had. The blue bathmats, and the purple-red towels (like the flower in the painting on the wall). Nothing fancy, nothing big, but the water stays hot forever, so we certainly enjoy it.

And the last of the upstairs is the nice big walk-in closet. Hard to get a decent picture of the whole thing. On the wall to the left is a wardrobe with Aaron's clothes in it, and along the right wall is a long vanity with a nice big mirror. We've got room for everything, and can even have three laundry baskets along the floor - sort the laundry as I go!


The kitchen tends to get used too much and get too messy for pictures, and we're still waiting for couches to complete the living room - should be this weekend! I know I mention the couches every post, but a home just isn't complete without a comfy couch! At that point I can finally get the living room figured out. We've got a couple of desks to play with, but hard to place them without the rest of the furniture. Looking forward to it! And THEN I can post more pictures!

2 comments:

treen said...

I love the flower pictures in your bathroom - do you have them in any kind of a protective frame? The steam from the shower will warp and ruin them rather quickly if it's just the paper. I found that one out the hard way.

Amanda Palmer said...

I like how your hangers are all perfectly spaced out and your shirts are color coordinated. :c)