Wednesday, March 3, 2010

an empty apartment

Finally got Aaron's camera, the cord, and my laptop in the same spot at the same time. Here are some pictures! Granted they were from two weeks ago, when the apartment was brand new and EMPTY, but it makes the transformation more exciting if you see these first. Not sure when those pictures will make it up here, but eventually.

So first up, a picture of the happy couple! We had signed the papers, and did a quick walk-thru with the manager, and we were left alone in our new place!



Upstairs in the bedroom. Skylight above me, walk in closet to the left.


Looking down from the bedroom into the dining area. We now have a table and chairs there. We even eat at it occasionally!


The living room! The biggest mess right now, because that's where all the boxes go first. A lot of stuff needs to just get shoved into storage, but a lot of it is heavy and Aaron has to do it for me! Even if it was all cleared up and organized, we still have no couches, so it'd be silly to post pictures anyway.


And our kitchen. I'm not sure why Aaron didn't get a view from actually IN the kitchen, but this shows off the pass-thru to the dining room. It is actually a decent size, especially compared to some of the other kitchens I've seen. We've got a dishwasher, which is FABULOUS. This room is basically organized and unpacked, but a mess.


The balcony isn't very big - big enough for a BBQ though! And when we aren't using that, we can put it in the storage room - which is bigger than the balcony. It's even insulated and carpeted - so if you come visit us in the summer ....


All in all, we love our new apartment. We're still unpacking and getting settled in, but really enjoy being on our own, not having to share the fridge and being able to leave a mess if we want. Still haven't figured out where we want to hang up all the artwork, with the living room still in chaos, but things are coming along.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks so awesome! Love the loft, can't wait to see it!

Amanda Palmer said...

I know that we already have a home together, so I should be grateful for that, and I am...but I'm so jealous that you're in a new empty (well it was empty) place and get to start fresh, decorating, putting things where you want them, etc. We'll be doing that in a few months, and while it'll actually be really stressful and difficult in some ways, I'm so excited!