Thursday, March 11, 2010

pictures of pictures

Tawnia suggested that I put pictures up on the walls to fill up the white space. Little did she know, but I had already done it! I pulled out a bunch of my artwork and took a walk down to the dollar store to pick up some frames. A while and a whole bunch of thumbtacks later, we've got less white space on our walls! So I already had some pieces in the bathroom, but Trina made the point that they should be covered or else they'd be warped. Good point, and it was something that I was going to get around to. I like this layout better than before anyway.

I love this piggy painting, but I had NO idea where I was going to put it. It'll be great in a nursery someday, but it's just too cute to be put away until then. And the colors were right .. so it got stuck in the bathroom.

Between Aaron and I we had these three pictures of us. I'll get around to switching them out for something more recent (and not kissing), and possibly put up a larger piece of art above - it's a tall stairwell and can use something big and artsy to draw the eye up even more.

And the star attraction! The living room wall with 13 pieces of art (so far). I've got more art in my folders and files, but this feels good. I can always switch pieces out, and it's arranged in a way that I can always add more - it's a very tall wall, so I can just keep working my way up.

The dividing wall between the kitchen and dining room was just the perfect size for our wedding portrait. And I've got to say I love having some non-white walls.

To the left of that wall, we have the kitchen. And while I don't have artwork, I've got lots of pictures! All my nieces and nephews are represented. I'd love to get lots of updated pictures too .. and fill up that bulletin board even more.

And to the right, we have the dining room! Nothing fancy, but it works. I usually sit at the table with my laptop, because the desks haven't been sorted out yet. Aaron loves that dragon poster, so I found some other artwork that went along with it.

And finally, by the front door, we have a borrowed piece of work. Well, not borrowed, but it isn't mine anymore! I'm just waiting for Melinda to come and pick it up. I think it looks quite nice there though, so I'll be patient.

2 comments:

treen said...

Wow, yeah, I need to get you updated pictures of my kids! The picture of Summer is her birthday portrait when she turned TWO! And now she's almost 4! We'll be getting that fixed for you in a couple of months when the new baby arrives - I'm sure Dad will be taking pictures of all 3 of my kids together, plus we'll be doing Summer's birthday pictures again. And when I get those prints, I'll do some prints from last fall with Marnie turning 2.

Amanda Palmer said...

everything looks great - you're going to have to come to our home and decorate our walls at our new apartment. That's just the way it must be. Even if we have to wait until Christmas... :c) We did get the Henry and Joshy drawings developed...oh wait - you knew that...well they're up on the wall now. I love them! I really really like your wall of art...so much - i love the different frames/lack of frames... oh, and now that you're done posting pictures on the blog, you can put up WAY more pictures of joshy and henry (I know you have them!!) hehehehe...